Our Lean Healthcare Excellence Certificate Series is designed as an intense 4-day course focused on the role of the lean leader, a vision for improvement, and a strategy for effectively implementing.
Lean healthcare certification instruction is based on learning the tools and concepts of Lean through the three primary phases of Lean implementation:
- Stabilize patient-care processes as well as non-patient-care processes before anything else. This will allow for a solid foundation upon which to use the Lean tools.
- Standardize the processes. This will allow best practices to be determined and improvements will be easier for future events.
- Simplify the process. This will allow continuous improvement to be a way of life through efficient scheduling and leveling, visual controls, error proofing, metrics, and coaching.
The vision of the Lean Healthcare Excellence Certificate Series is to equip senior leadership, department managers, nurses, physicians, supervisors, and trainers with the skills and knowledge to create a healthcare system that has no harm to the patient and staff, no waiting, an engaged and excited workforce, and low cost.
Benefits of This Training
- Engage Team Members in Increasing Efficiency
- Reduce Patient Wait Times & System Costs
- Create Stabile & Repeatable Processes
- Create an Organizational Culture of Problem Solving and Daily Operational Improvement to Increase Quality & Customer Satisfaction
You Will Learn
- Lean Healthcare Principles & Tools
- Leading & Sustaining Continuous Improvement and using the Plan, Do, Check, Adjust (PDCA) process
- Eight-Step Problem Solving
- A3 Thinking
- Value Stream Mapping
- Coaching, Mentoring & Team Building
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- People Centric Leadership
- Accountability & Culture
NOTE: While this daily agenda describes the course content, the instructors have the flexibility to change the order of the presentation during facilitation.
Director of Auburn Technical Assistance Center