Gain a broad understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and Quality tools. By utilizing lean and basic statistical tools, you will learn how to create a culture of problem solving. In the class, we share stories and examples that help you learn what tools to use and when to use them.
Only 40% of the class is lecture based with the rest of the class focused on application of knowledge through interactive, hands-on simulations with real world data. In these simulations, you will be broken into improvement teams where you will learn the importance of data collection and data analysis. By learning in a team environment, you will be better prepared to work Green Belts and Black Belts back at your company.
Our Six Sigma Yellow Belt curriculum aligns with the ASQ Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge. This ensures that you will be prepared for an ASQ Yellow Belt certification. By the end of this class, you will should be able to provide meaningful assistance in the areas of data collection, data analysis and correct tool selection.
- Understand the key principles of Six Sigma
- Identify improvement opportunities in your organization
- Understand and use the DMAIC methodology
- Use the basic tools and techniques
- Understand the role of Yellow Belts in Lean Six Sigma projects
- Be able to run small improvements in their day-to-day work processes
- Introduction to Process Improvement Approaches
- Process Definition and Process Mapping
- Understanding Variation
- Collecting Data and Measuring Process Outputs
- Collecting Data to Prove Cause and Effect
- Practical problem solving using Data
Director of Auburn Technical Assistance Center